Have you ever just NEEDED shoes covered in GLITTER?
Well sometimes a girl just does. I have two teenage daughters, one is participating in a local pageant that is part of the Miss America Program. The other is in the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Program.
With pageants come the need for many things. Including Glitter Shoes. We saw some from Nordstrom's we could not afford. So we did what any poor girl would do:
MADE OUR OWN!
Finding the right shoe is key. We had an idea of what we were looking for. We were going to buy a pair, paint them gold then glitter. Then we found this great pair of Steve Madden's ALREADY GOLD! Score! Found them at Goodwill for $5.99. But even better - Coupon on Facebook for Facebook Friday 20% OFF. Which the cashier told us about and waited while we pulled it up on our phone. : ) They wound up costing $4.79!
1 pair of GREAT SHOES
1 bottle of glitter
1 bottle of Elmers Glue
1 little disposable cup
1 paint brush
1 can of clear spray paint
1) Cover your surface area
2) Mix 1 TBSP glitter with 2 TBSP glue. Mix in the disposable cup with the paint brush.
3) Paint the areas of the shoe you want glittered.
4) Pour plenty of glitter over the shoes while the glue glitter is still wet. Shake shoe to allow loose glitter to fall off.
5) Allow glue to dry to touch. Maybe an hour.
6) Go outside in a well ventilated area. If you set them in a box you can carry the box in when you're done. Spray with clear spray paint. Allow to dry for a few hours to a day.
If there are any areas you feel need more glitter just repeat the process. The glue will dry clear.
Some glitter will fall off. Even on store bought glitter shoes some of the glitter falls off.
This technique can make a beautiful shoe for any pageant, prom, wedding (great bride shoe), or any special occasion.
Here's couple of pairs we just glittered the heels on.
Wear your shoes everywhere and be beautiful!